Amendment in GST Registration

Amendment in GST Registration
In case there is any change in particulars furnished in the application for registration, the registered taxable person will have to submit an application electronically, duly signed, in FORM GST REG-11, along with documents relating to such change at the Common Portal either directly or through a Facilitation Centre.

If the change is about the name of Business, Principal Place of Business, and details of partners or directors, etc. The concerned officer will approve the amendment within fifteen common working days from the date of receipt of application in FORM GST REG-11 after due verification and issue an order in FORM GST REG-12 electronically. The amendment will take effect from the date of occurrence of the event warranting amendment.

Where a change in the constitution of any business results in change of the Permanent Account Number (PAN) of a registered taxable person, the said person shall apply for fresh registration in FORM GST REG-01.

If the documents furnished with request of amendment are incomplete or incorrect, the concerned authority may issue a show cause notice to the registered taxable person in FORM GST REG-03, within fifteen common working days from the date of receipt of the application. The taxable person seeking amendment shall file reply to the notice to show cause issued under in FORM GST REG-04 within seven days of the receipt of the said notice.

If the proper officer fails to take any action within fifteen common working days from the date of submission of application, or within seven days from the receipt of the clarification, information or documents furnished by the applicant under sub-rule the certificate of registration shall stand amended to the extent applied for and the amended certificate shall be made available on the Common Portal.

You may also like...

16 Responses

  1. How do I start my own website about fantasy sports?

  2. Paras Jangid says:

    We have registered a sole proprietorship firm in GST; the firm which has been registered on GST has converted from proprietorship to partnership firm from 1st of April 2016, and also amends the VAT Registration but UP Commercial Tax department issue the provisional id on Proprietor PAN instead of Partnership Firm’s PAN so we have registered the same on GST portal. We want to trade in the future through partnership firm.
    Please be kind to let us know how we can amend the registration so that we do not have to face problems in future

  3. Nilda Sankey says:

    Thank you, i really appreciate with you.

  4. H Srinivas says:

    dear Sir,

    our GST portal business details wrongly filled so please give me amendment

  5. bhupesh upadhyay says:

    dear Sir,

    our GST portal business details wrongly filled so please give me amendment


  6. Mohitosh Naug says:

    Dear Sir,
    When I am filing the GST registration that time Additional place of Business given Nil. But now i wish to add additional place of business, So, how can I add the same. I am submitting the registration on 17/04/2017. and get GST registration certificate on 25/06/2017. Please help me as early as possible.

  7. Pooja says:

    Our legal name is different in our GST registration form

  8. Amar says:

    How to edit / amend Name under Gst portal

  9. We are trying to do amendment of additional place in current GST. But site is not open since 30.06.2017 to 5.7.2017. Kindly confirm when will be open the site for amend the additional place in current GST.

  10. d chandra sekhar says:

    our gst portal we are not ented all branches details how we can modify

  11. akshata says:

    Hello Sir ,

    We need to Add HSN code in existing registraion so that How can I edit My GST form.

  12. KAMLESH SHAH says:


  13. sunil says:

    i got the GST REGN certificate, while registering , firm name has been wrongly mentioned by me as SRI K L MOTORS , instead of SRI L K MOTORS.

    HOw can i change the FIRM name in GST portal.

  14. hardeep singh says:

    sir i have GST No i am running trading firm, but now i want to change my firm name
    plz give me detail of procedure

  15. Rajkumar says:

    I want to change my Principal place of business

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *